Dr. Somers is a nationally recognized expert on the subject of financial psychology with a particular interest in the factors that affect people’s financial decisions and actions. She is frequently interviewed by radio, television and print media.
Singin’ The Money Blues: Financial Stress In The Workplace | Moira Somers | DisruptHR Talks from DisruptHR on Vimeo. A DisruptHR talk by Moira Somers – Neuropsychologist & Executive Coach at Money, Mind & Meaning. DisruptHR Winnipeg 1.0 – September 27, 2016 in Winnipeg, MB #DisruptHRYWG
CBC Radio program Spark with host Nora Young. Using credit and debit cards to pay reduced the feeling of disgust, or “pain of paying”, that can help us regulate our spending. (Sept 2016)
A sampling of articles:
- FP Standard Fall 2016, Issue 14, pg 2: The Curse of Knowledge vs the Gift of Expertise
- Winnipeg Free Press, January, 2017: A new year, but the cash hangover lingers.
- FP Standard Spring 2016, Issue 13, pg 8:
Why Good Clients Ignore Great Advice
- Canada.creditcards.com Feb. 17, 2016:
Debt, Income Disparities Take Toll on Marriage
- nwi.com Oct. 3, 2015: Home Investment Returns
- Tangerine Sept. 21, 2015: Living Paycheque to Paycheque
- See Bob Veres’ article in Inside Information – October 2014 (.PDF document)
- Advisor Perspectives September 30, 2014: Five Habits of Highly Annoying Leaders
- Creditcards.ca Josephine Lim May 23, 2014:
How to ensure financially independent children
- See Bob Veres’ article on Dr. Somers’ keynote address to the 2012 FPA Retreat, Scottsdale, AZ
- Winnipeg Free Press July 21, 2012: Love me, love my finances?
- Winnipeg Free Press May 12, 2012: Facing financial fears
- Winnipeg Free Press April 17, 2012: Change for a dollar
- Winnipeg Free Press March 24, 2012: You inherit, they tax
- Globe and Mail Dec. 27, 2011: Instant fortune can bring instant stress
- Winnipeg Free Press Nov. 8, 2011: If your relationship with money is making you crazy, therapy might be the answer